I HAVE DONE LOADS TODAY! LOADS!
I got up at 8am and had a very quick shower before dashing off to Le Job Centre. Fit Stacey interviewed me and actually remembered me from a few months ago. This is equally satisfying and depressing.
After leaving the dole, I headed for The Midland hotel to go to The Sun Employment roadshow. I was walking in the right direction, but for some reason forgot where it was and turned left towards the Arndale. I immediately realised I had performed some bad geography and turned around to head in the right direction again. When I arrived at The Midland hotel, there were a load of air hostess people in the foyer. I wriggled through them all and then almost walked into the restaurant by accident. The Midland is a really posh hotel if you didn’t already know, and the man working in there looked horrified at the sight of my beardy face coming towards him. I quickly realised this was the wrong room and found the correct one. A woman told me that it didn’t start until 11.30am so I walked home.
Once I arrived back home I decided to get a cheeky hour’s sleep because I’m such a koala bear. The manc builders just outside my window were making loads of noise though, so I put my iPod in and then woke up to Kanye West’s aggressive hip-hopping about an hour later.
I arrived back at The Midland hotel and found the RBS desk where they said they were taking people on for a new call centre. Some twat with spikey hair booked me in for an interview on Thursday, then I went on my way home again. A black man asked me the directions to Bridge Street on the way, and I’m pretty sure I gave him the correct bearings for once.
I got back in my flat and Bridge emailed me over what needs to be done for the menus for the bar/restaurant he works at. I had my dinner and then cracked on with that. It’s fairly straight forward and I’ve managed to get most of it done. Unfortunately the drinks menu is longer than the list of songs featuring Akon, and there’s no way I can fit it on one side of A3.
Bridge then came round to check on my progress and was impressed at how good I am at Graphic Design. Bridge left as he was so in awe of my creativity, then I checked my emails where I found that I’m going in for an assessment day a company is holding at Salford Uni on Thursday. I’ve got jobs coming out of my arse!
Jay sent me this photo of a giraffe.
I have no idea why. Oh yeah, I worked out how to save photos to my phone which have been sent to me. You just fucking touch it and click save. Christ.
After eating my tea, I went round to Bridge’s to show him the further progress I had made. We arranged to go to his workplace tomorrow afternoon to show his boss, then I came home as The Apprentice was starting. I recorded The Apprentice and Ant and Sara came in at about 10pm. Sara said her groin was hurting and I suggested she was pregnant.
We’re now watching The Apprentice and laughing at the stupid posh sods.

No comments:
Post a Comment