Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Wednesday the 11th of May 2011.

I think I might finally be over the recurring dreams where I’m in school and haven’t been to French for 6 months. I had another one last night, where I went to the class. My old teacher Mrs Vaughan was there and gave us all different cards. On my card it said that she could no longer teach me because I hadn’t been attending her classes. She then suddenly turned into my mate from home- Tank, and he was crying his eyes out as I left the classroom. I went and gave him a big hug and then left. A bit weird, but I think it might be some closure on this year of these recurring dreams I’ve had.

I got up at 12pm and finished off a few designs for Bridge’s workplace. I then went round to his at about 2.30pm, and we set off for his work on Deansgate so I could show his boss my mad designs. On the way there, we bumped into Matt coming back from town. He had been trying to get some jeans but said everywhere he went stopped at a 34” waist, which is too small for him. He had eventually found a pair though, and I said “Did you get them from Jacamo?” because I’m a cheeky little sod. We said goodbye to Matt and continued to Deansgate, where we walked past Katie who nodded at me then completely ignored Bridge because they’re not talking to each other. AWWWWKWAAAARRDDDDD.

We arrived at Waterstones as Bridge works above there, and noted the amount of signs there were for his bar. His boss had said that he wanted to change the logo, and just as I was about to slag this idea off he appeared behind us on the escalator and introduced himself to me as Richard. Within 5 seconds of meeting him, I could tell Richard was a bender.

We got upstairs into the bar, and sat down on some sofas where I began to show Richard what I had done. He was very impressed which was a relief. We sat discussing straplines and possible creative ideas for about an hour, which mainly involved completely ripping off Kendals on the other side of the road. Richard was on about how the posters currently said “great food” and how he’d like to use a word better than great. I told him to go on thesaurus.com to get better words and he seemed very enthusiastic about this. I use it all the time for this blog, whenever you see a big word in here I’ve been on that website. I’m not quite the literary genius you thought. Richard told me that I could redesign all the posters they’ve currently got up as he wanted to use the logo I had designed in 5 minutes last night. He asked me how much I’d be charging for my services, and I told him I’d have a think about it and get back to him. To be honest, the work isn’t very challenging, so I don’t want to rip him off. I have heard that for freelance design you should charge about £10 an hour though, so I’m not going to undercut myself either, especially as I’m so poverished right now.

Some important looking man with a beard appeared for Richard, so our creative meeting ended and me and Bridge left. Bridge went into Tesco and bought some donuts, then complained about the raspberry in them or something as we walked back home. Fit Stacey from the Job Centre walked past us and I pretended I didn’t see her, because it would just have been weird to say something.

I got back in my flat and sat in the living room whilst Ant and Hodge went through my cupboard, laughing at the stuff in there. I have a load of sugar, flour and other ingredients I never use, from when I made a cake last summer. If you aren’t familiar with my cake making skills, watch this,





MMMMMMMM.

I rang Orange as I checked my bill and they’ve fucked it up. The woman dealt with it and I said “Thank you very much for your help” at the end of the call. She sounded genuinely delighted at me saying this, and I was glad that I’d possibly helped her get through her day.

Roughley briefly came round before leaving for the gym with Ant and Hodge, then Bridge rang me to say Richard wanted me to do another poster but ASAP. I quickly smashed it together in half an hour then sent it him, before having my tea which was bacon, sausages and rice. It was like a half English half Chinese meal I suppose. Jay and Hulme have said they’re going to open a British Tea shop in L.A by the way. I asked if I could come with them but they said no, so I’m going to open a Chippy opposite and make more money than them.

I went and had a shave as I’m going to that company’s assessment day at Salford Uni tomorrow. I’ve had a look at the day’s schedule and it’s all team building exercises like “build a bridge” and something called “waterslide”. All that is being done in the morning, then they’re keeping the best people from it for interviews in the afternoon. I think all you have to do for team building exercises is be a leader, let other people contribute and just not be a knobhead. I’ll be disappointed if I don’t get through to the interview stage, especially as I had to call and cancel my interview with RBS tomorrow so I could attend this assessment day.

I’m going to go to bed now, because I have to be at Salford Quays for 8.30am tomorrow and I plan on walking there.

No comments:

Post a Comment