Tuesday, 3 May 2011

Tuesday the 3rd of May 2011.

Before I went to bed last night, I had a bit of an Internet nostalgia period. Does anyone remember Bonzi Buddy?


This little purple bastard was an application which would pop up on your desktop. You could get him to say rude things which was hilarious when you were about 12. I remember my Mum used to love him, and would get genuinely concerned when he used to do things like yawn because you weren’t paying him any attention. Unfortunately Bonzi Buddy no longer exists because he was loaded full of spyware.

I got up at the usual time and saw Goodison on Facebook, moaning about how he had to listen to Noah & The Whale on the radio all of the time. To my amusement about 5 minutes later, I put the music channel Q on to see that they were showing ‘Noah & The Whale VS Arcade Fire’. I think we can safely say that Arcade Fire won, Goodison.

I was flicking through the music channels and this little treasure of a tune came on.



That video is so ridiculously 90s, that I can’t work out if it’s actually a piss take. I started looking up Babybird and the rest of their work, but apart from some video that Johnny Depp recently directed, it was all quite middle of the road.

I had sweet and sour chicken for my dinner again because my life is like groundhog day. I continued creating some animation which hopefully I will be able to unveil to you all in the next week or so.

I received an email from Salford Gateway saying that some company (yeah it’s just “some company” now, no way am I naming actual organisations after my Census mishap) was looking to hire graduates. They’re holding an assessment day next week, so I said I would go in for it. When I received a reply to the email, it was addressed to just me and some bloke called Farshid. If you ask me, it sounds like Farshid doesn’t stand a chance at getting a job ahead of yours truly.

Ant came back from working at RBS and almost immediately left again for the gym. In the 10 hours I’ve been awake today, I haven’t seen Hodge at all. He is either doing a colossal shift at work, or he’s sat in his room in the dark staying very still. Or he’s dead.

Shaun Yates rang me as I was having my tea and I couldn’t answer the phone. I really struggle to hit the “answer” button on my touch screen when someone calls. It’s really starting to piss me off. I look like my fat fingered friend Hedders- sat there angrily smashing the screen. I called Shaun back and confirmed that I couldn’t be arsed going to the pub to watch football with him and his brother.
I then rang Louise back who I had a missed call from, because god forbid I didn’t want her to fart a load of capital letters all over my Facebook wall like she usually does when I don’t answer my phone. I confirmed with Louise that I don’t have the money to go and watch Kasabian in June, and that I will meet her on her dinner break tomorrow. Louise confirmed that she has 3 grand in her bank and I confirmed that she’s a bastard for that.

I’ve just watched episode 2 of Game Of Thrones. For the first half of it I was struggling to keep up with the plot. Even though it’s clearly good, I always struggle with medieval looking TV such as this, it’s just not for me. However, I really enjoyed the second half of the episode as a fit woman taught another fit woman how to have sex, and then the King’s children all proved themselves to be absolute twats. My urge to see all of the King’s children dead will now keep me watching this programme until I get my wish.

I did 97 press ups earlier, so I’m going to go and do the last 3 now.

No comments:

Post a Comment