I woke up at about 11am this morning and was ecstatic to find 2 pieces of post outside my door for me. The Charlie Sheen ‘Tiger Blood’ t-shirt which I had ordered about 3 fucking weeks ago had finally arrived, along with a copy of Grafik magazine. Before you get excited and think I’ve decided to become a Graphic Designer again, let me tell you that the copy of Grafik was sent to me by my friend Chris Kelly who had a spare one. I am not going to spend my own money on some arty magazine like that, but I’ll happily take any unwanted ones of other people’s hands so I can pretend I’m pretentious when other pretentious people come and visit me.
Here is the t-shirt I have purchased, just to fill some of this page because I haven’t done that much today,
I got up and after eating my dinner realised I needed some more food apart from meat and rice. I decided to drive to Sainsbury’s and had a missed call while I was making my way there. It was my Mum, and I called her back to let her know that the recruitment agency were still being incompetent and ruining my life. I had sent them an email earlier and they still weren’t replying. It’s at the stage now where I presume I’m not going to get the SEO EXECUTIVE RARGHHHHH job, and they’re just being too pussy to tell me to my face/over the phone.
In Sainsbury’s I bought more than I realised I would. I spent £12 on things like bread, sauces and squash. It felt almost criminal to be giving away this amount of money at the till for such insignificant products.
I came home and watched Countdown, then Ant came back from his new job working at RBS in Gorton twice a week. He looked quite funny with his tie which has a repeated pattern of the RBS logo on it. I downloaded the application form for Countdown, because me going on that show would probably be the best thing that’s happened since we defeated the Nazis. I really need to actually print this one off and fill it in though. In the last 4 years or so I have downloaded application forms for The Weakest Link and Coach Trip which I didn’t bother to complete because I’m such a failed human being.
Ant went to the gym and I sat here being bored. I was really tempted to put my Facebook status as- “…..is bored, does anybody want to play out with me?” It was such a lovely day and I felt like a fucking loser sat inside watching Channel 4 like a disabled old arsehole.
Hodge’s family have been visiting Manchester the last few days, and he briefly came in and put all the shopping they’ve bought him into the freezer, before setting off again and going for a meal with them. United were playing Newcastle tonight and I was half relying on Hodge coming and watching the football with me tonight as he supports Newcastle. The other half of my rely was hanging on Hedders who also supports them, but he was in Coventry for a job interview. Hodge said he was going to the gym later, so I decided to ring my other FOOTBALL FRIEND Shaun Yates to see if he fancied it. He said he was playing football himself until 7.30pm.
At about 7.40pm, Shaun rang me asking if I was still going and watching the football. He said him and Jay would come and watch it with me in The Pint Pot. I met them there at about 8pm and Shaun had a swollen ankle from playing football. We sat and had a few pints, and the game finished in a pretty unspectacular 0-0 drew. During the game we made some rough plans to go camping in Scotland on Saturday. I hope this happens, as I’ve never been to Scotland. I don’t really have any great ambition to go there, but I probably should go at some point in my life, just so I can come back and tell everyone how shit it is like the negative little man I am.
That’s about all today has consisted of.
No comments:
Post a Comment